Friday

Kathy's Crustless Quiche


Kathy's Crustless Quiche
serves 6
(recipe can be doubled and frozen in individual servings for a quick on the go meal)
Ingredients:
6 eggs or egg beater equivalent
4oz of softened cream cheese (FF, light, flavored, whipped... whatever you like)
1 cup shredded cheese (I use mexican blend or 6 cheese blend)

the following can be varied
Spices to taste (I use onion or garlic powder, crushed red pepper, etc. this can be different every time)
Vegetables (also can be different every time... diced peppers (fresh or frozen) onions, broccoli cuts, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach... be creative
Meat (again be creative... I've used bacon, sausage, ham, pepperoni, chorizzo, etc.)

Directions:
mix eggs and cream cheese together in a large bowl. Can be done by hand but a mixer works best to really blend the cream cheese.
Add spices
Stir in meat
Add vegetables
Fold in cheese

Spray a square baking dish or a pie plate with non stick spray or cupcake tins, pour mixture into pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 min... use toothpick test to see when done

If making a double recipe (I usually do) a 9x12 Lasagna pan works great.

Note: you can also make these into individual cupcake servings. This recipe re-heats well, and can be frozen after cooked as well.
I am a lazy cook so I often use frozen veggies. You don't even have to thaw them, but if you do make sure to pat excess water with paper towel. I usually thaw spinach. If using canned asparagus drain liquid and pat dry.
Raw meat should be cooked before adding, I often use left over meat from dinner and cut it up into small pieces, or ready to serve bacon and I just break it up into pieces.

This recipe can be different every time, make it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment